|Eric Michel Ministries International
© 1987 to Present Day, Eric Michel Ministries International. All rights reserved.
|WE ARE GOING TO ALL NATIONS VIA THE NET WITH OUR TEACHING AT
FOOTSTEPS OF JESUS SEMINARY & BIBLE ACADEMY
|Eric Michel Ministries International
Footsteps Of Jesus Seminary And Bible Academy
Scholarship Policy and Guidelines
NB: No Deadline Date For Online Courses
These general principles are to be used for all scholarship funds held by Eric Michel Ministries International: Footsteps Of Jesus
The purpose of these scholarships are to assist recipients with their higher education of training.’
Scholarship awards are not intended to cover the full cost of school for any applicant. There may be several scholarship awards
in any one year depending on the number of applicants and the amount of money available to be determined by the Scholarship
The Church Scholarship Committee consisting of three members of Eric Michel Ministries International: Footsteps of Jesus
Seminary And Bible Academy shall be established. The Eric Michel Ministries International: Footsteps Of Jesus Seminary And
Bible Academy shall annually ratify members of this committee.
Principles Guiding Awards for Specific Scholarship Funds:
Eric Michel Ministries International: Footsteps Of Jesus Seminary And Bible Academy currently holds two scholarship funds.
The Eric Michel Foundation Scholarship is in honour of our founder, and The New Hope and Missions Scholarship is in honour
of Rev Marie Y Arnold.
The Eric Michel Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship may be used for any legitimate higher education expenses including tuition, books and travel. It may be
awarded to returning students. It may be awarded to an applicant for post-graduate training requiring formal academic study.
Study may be full or part-time students. Awards from this fund may also be made toward continuing educations endeavors,
such as workshops. Such awards may be paid directly to the student.
The New Hope and Missions Scholarship
This scholarship can only be awarded to a high school senior or seniors each year. The New Hope and Missions Scholarship
awards are designated as tuition only and will be paid directly to the recipient’s Rector upon verification of acceptance.
2 Housekeeping Procedures:
As early as possible in the New Year, the members of the Scholarship Committee should be made aware of the policy and
guidelines, of the amount of funds available, and whether there are any restrictions on the amount available for the current
year. The committee will make this information available to the Church Board.
- A first meeting of the committee should be held as early as possible in the New Year either in person or by electronic
- Forms and applications should be made available to interested students by the Deadline Date. The Youth Minister
will make applications available to high school seniors for the The Eric Michel Foundation Scholarship.
- Complete applications should be returned to the church office by Deadline Date.
- The committee then meets to review the applications, will interview student(s), if necessary and then make their decision.
The recipient(s) of the scholarship should be informed as after a week or as soon as possible. At this time, a note should be sent
to the recipient’s high school, if a high school student, so that the information can be included in that school’s list of scholarships
Plans need to be made at this time for the acknowledgment of the recipients during a worship service.
It’s the responsibility of the recipient to inform the church of which certificate he/she plans to attend if he/she is awarded
The Eric Michel Ministries Worship Service, when he/she is registered and is in attendance.
At this time, the fund will be sent directly to the Footsteps Of Jesus Seminary And Bible Academy Rector and the students
will be informed that his has been done.
Selection Criteria and Recommendations:
The goal is to award all qualified applicants, not to have to choose according to their “need” or “merit”.
The criteria include the following:
- A completed application including application form, two letters of recommendation, a personal essay and official transcript.
- A determination that the candidate has a reasonable chance to be successful in college.
- The applicant has an active relationship with Eric Michel Ministries International.
The Eric Michel Ministries Scholarship awards should be determined by the amount the Scholarship Committee recommends is
prudent to be awarded. This will be around 4% of the account balance for the continuation of the fund’s capital.
3 Instructions for Applicant:
- Read the guidelines carefully.
- Submit a personal statement/essay of no more than three typewritten pages that reflects your goals, motivation,
reasons why you should be awarded the scholarship and an introduction of yourself to the committee who will review
- All application forms and materials should be types marked on the outside.
- Deliver your application and required materials to Eric Michel Ministries International on or before the Deadline Date
of any calendar year.
- An official transcript(s) and letters of recommendation met arrive at Eric Michel Ministries International: Footsteps
of Jesus Seminary And Bible Academy on or before the closing date of application Closing Deadline Date.
4 Eligible Requirements:
- The applicant must have maintained an active relationship with Eric Michel Ministries International.
- There shall be no age restrictions except for the The Eric Michel Foundation Scholarship which specifies that the
applicant must be a graduating high school senior..
- The applicant must have applied to Footsteps Of Jesus Seminary And Bible Academy and must provide documentation of
acceptance before an award is confirmed.
The Eric Michel Ministries Scholarship award shall be deported to the recipient’s Rector upon delivered verification of registration
to Eric Michel Ministries International: Footsteps Of Jesus Seminary And Bible Academy Scholarship Review Committee and/or
- Application forms will be available all year. All applications must be returned to Eric Michel Ministries International:
Footsteps Of Jesus Seminary And Bible Academy on or before Deadline Date of the same year. Applicants will
be notified of awards after a week or as soon as possible of the same year.
- A new application form and required materials must be submitted each time the applicant applies for
the Footsteps Of Jesus Seminary And Bible Academy Scholarships.
a. IF a successful candidate wishes, consideration for a subsequent year, he/she must meet the application criteria Accompanying Forms:
and include a statement of progress toward completion.
b. IF a previously unsuccessful candidate wishes reconsideration, he/she must meet the application criteria and include
a statement of interim progress.
- Each application must be accompanied by a personal essay/statement, not to exceed three typewritten pages, which
must include the education goals of the applicant, motivation, why the applicant feels he/she should receive the
scholarship, and a personal profile of introduction. Applicants are encouraged to submit other material, which they
- Each application must have two written recommendations to be mailed directly to Eric Michel Ministries International
Scholarships office. The recommendation shall include: a) Recommendation from a high school teacher or college professor.
b) Recommendation from an employer or Eric Michel Ministries International member.
- A recent official transcript – high school and/or college.
- All parts of the application must be received at Eric Michel Ministries International: Footsteps Of Jesus Seminary And Bible
Academy on or before the Deadline Date.
The Church Scholarship Review Committee may require an interview with the applicants. Applicants will be notified by telephone,
email or letter of their interview date and time. All interviews shall be completed prior to the Deadline Date of the application year.
Scholarship Review Committee